Bring unused prescription and over-the-counter medication for safe, free disposal at 5 drive-thru Drug Take Back Event sites in SW Washington:
- Any prescription and over-the-counter medication including pills, liquids & inhalers will be accepted for safe, FREE disposal.
- Medications may remain in original containers and labels do not need to be removed.
- Medications not in original containers will be accepted too.
- Vaping devices & e-Cigarettes WITHOUT Batteries will also be accepted for free disposal at all event sites EXCEPT Cowlitz Indian Tribal Public Safety Department.
- Sharps and syringes will be accepted from noncommercial sources ONLY at the PeaceHealth SW Urgent Care event site. Use an approved Sharps container when transporting; if one is not available, use a rigid plastic container with a lid (ex: plastic milk jug) & label the container: WARNING-SHARPS DO NOT RECYCLE
- NO prefilled syringes will be accepted for disposal at any event site.
** For everyone’s safety, participants will remain in vehicles & use a drive-thru process to dispose of unwanted & expired medications. All event sites will follow appropriate COVID-19 safety guidelines for social distancing, face coverings, sanitizing & disinfecting **
Visit Prevent Coalition's website for more information.