2021 Virtual Natural Garden Tour is Now Published!
The virtual 2021 Natural Garden Tour is now published! For 16 years, the public has been invited to visit inspiring residential gardens that skip the use of toxic chemicals and encourage natural gardening techniques. Similar to 2020, this year's virtual offering allows visitors to visit all 13 local gardens which are maintained using earth-friendly methods.
Incorporating video interviews, photos, written descriptions, linked resources and pledges, this format allows visitors to click on garden categories that feature techniques such as stormwater management, native plant selection, organically grown fruits and vegetables, pollinator-friendly habitats and more. Learn more about the host gardeners' stories, enjoy the beauty of natural gardening, and gain inspiration for your yard.
How to Use the Virtual Page from a Desktop
- Navigate through the tour by selecting the tab you want to explore on the top horizontal panel. Click on words with a dotted underline to visit the hyperlink.
- To see a specific garden, click on "The Gardens" tab and then click on the garden's name within the list that you would like to learn more about.
- When visiting a gardener's page, click the video "play" button to watch the high-quality video tour of the garden including an interview with the host gardener. Scroll down further to find photos, pro tips and links to local natural gardening resources relevant to that specific garden.
- Within the "Natural Gardening Techniques" tab you can click through the 11 recommended methods. After reading information about the technique, you can view a list of gardens who have shared about their incorporation of that technique. If you want to learn more about that specific garden, then you can visit "The Gardens" tab to select the mentioned garden.
- You also can virtually tour the demonstration gardens and a selection of Backyard Habitat certified yards.
- Don't forget to take a pledge once you have explored the virtual Natural Garden Tour. We encourage you to commit to incorporating a sustainable gardening practice into your own life.
Tips for Navigating the Virtual Page on a Mobile Device
- Navigate through the tour by selecting the tab you want to explore within the table of contents in the top right hand corner of the screen (left photo above) or by swiping the panel at the bottom.
- After selecting a tab to explore (center photo above), tap on the blue information icon in the top right-hand corner to read more (right photo above).
- Château Vue De Haute Gardens - Lisa Bayautet
- Di's Citi Chicks - Diane Katz
- The Earth-Friendly Fairy Sanctuary - Cari Corbet-Owen
- Eye Candy Lane - Jane Wolfe
- Fleurish - Christine and Jeff Kostechka
- Hill of a Garden - Marge and Ken Crouch
- Labor of Love - Brét Kertz
- Natural Rock Garden - Bob Manelis
- Patty's Permaculture PlantTangle - Patty and David Page
- The Shire Lite - Meg Johnson
- Smeatley Glen - Renita Keatley
- Sunrise Garden - Sunrise O'Mahoney
- A Wildlife Wonderland - Kay and Bud Hudziak
This year's tour features eight new and five returning gardens. You can move through the story map at your own pace viewing features that are of most interest to you. The annual tour is a great way for local gardeners to learn how to make their yard a healthy place for people and pets while protecting waterways and wildlife. For more information about the Natural Garden Tour and natural gardening techniques, visit clarkgreenneighbors.org/gardentour.