Green Business Spotlight: C-TRAN
We look forward to supporting this great program and collaborating with other members to further improve our own green practices.Eric Florip, C-TRAN Public Affairs Coordinator
We're happy to welcome C-TRAN, the public transit agency serving Clark County, to the Green Business program!
C-TRAN earned their Green Business certification by demonstrating a commitment to recycling and waste reduction programs, energy efficiency and pollution prevention in its operations. Their certification efforts were spearheaded by an employee-led green team that meets regularly. Some of the agency's green practice, initiatives and efforts include:
- Hybrid diesel-electric buses for half of their fleet
- Testing renewable diesel as an alternative fuel source
- Adding all-electric buses to their fleet in the coming years
- Installation of public electric vehicle charging stations at their Fisher's Landing Transit Center
- Installation of energy efficient LED lighting across their facilities, including transit centers
- Recycling cigarette butts collected at all Vine stations
- Installation of water bottle filling stations for employees, encouraging use of reusable water bottles
Though they completed their certification in December, it "...doesn't mean C-TRAN is done with our sustainability efforts." With all the great work they've done to become certified, we're excited to see what projects they take on next!