By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://clarkgreenneighbors.org/
Lend a Hand to Our Garbage and Recycling Drivers and Sorters
Our Neighbors, Essential Waste Service Providers
Essential waste service providers, from the drivers to the transfer station staff to the people on the recycling sort line, are your neighbors too! Help ensure the safety of these workers by following the instructions below:
- All personal protective equipment and sanitary products are garbage. This includes disposable face masks, gloves, disinfectant wipes, cotton swabs, facial tissues and paper towels.
- All "to-go" boxes, containers, cups and utensils are garbage.
- Flush only toilet paper. Items marketed as "flushable" do not degrade and will block plumbing and septic system pipes, which can cause costly damage
- For an additional fee, extra garbage can be set out, either contained in a 32 gallon plastic bag or 32 gallon can, next to your garbage cart.
- Hand sanitizer bottles, six ounces or larger, are recyclable. Remove lids and pumps and place those in the trash.
- Aerosol disinfectant sprays can be recycled when completely emptied.
- Rigid, plastic tubs, such as the packaging for disinfectant wipes, can be recycled. Remove and place the lid in the trash.
- Extra recycling can be set out, either contained in a carboard box or paper bags found at hardware stores, next to your blue recycle cart for no additional cost.
- If you suspect or know of a positive case in your household, please help limit exposure by bagging and throwing away your recyclables into the garbage.
Additional Curbside Service
- Extra yard debris pick-up is offered in Vancouver, Ridgefield, Washougal, Camas and rural areas of Clark County for an additional fee. Bag extra yard debris in paper bags that can be found at local hardware stores or mark 'yard debris' when using personal containers; no food scraps allowed. Extra yard debris in plastic bags will not be picked up.
- Bulky items such as furniture, appliances, electronics or tires can be picked up at your curbside for a cost. This service is available in Vancouver, Ridgefield, Washougal and rural areas of Clark County. Waste Connections Rates page provides a detailed list of accepted items. Camas residents can call the city's Utility Customer Service line at 360.834.2462 for details on microwave and small furniture pick-ups.
- Vancouver households within city limits that have active garbage service are eligible for one (1) free appliance pick-up per year.
- Contact Waste Connections at 360.892.5370 or email@example.com to schedule a bulky waste pick-up. One to two weeks advance notice is recommended.