Procession of the Species is coming to Recycled Arts Festival
The Procession of the Species is coming to Clark County on Sunday, June 25,as part of the Recycled Arts Festival.The Procession, which originated in Olympia, WA in 1995, is a celebration of community and the natural world through all forms of art.The event is free and open to all ages.
A series of free community workshops will be offered to help participants create their masks/costumes to represent animal species or elements such as fire, earth, or water. Repurposed/salvaged materials will be supplied and people are welcome to bring their own materials as well.The schedule of workshops is:
- Saturday, May 13th, 1–3pm @ Water Resource Education Center
- Sunday, May 21st, 10:30am–12:30 pm @ DT Vancouver Library (Skamania Room)
- Sunday, June 4th, 2–4pm @ Vintage Books
- Sunday, June 11th, 2–4pm @ (TBD)
- Sunday, June 18th, 2–4pm @ (TBD)
- Saturday, June 24th, 10am–4pm @ RAF Children's Booth
Registration for workshops is required.Go to https://clarkgreenneighbors.org/pots for more detailed information and to sign-up for a workshop.
The Recycled Arts Festival takes place on June 24 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and on June 25 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.It is located in downtown Vancouver at Esther Short Park.The Procession will occur on Sunday at 10:00 a.m. with registration and staging beginning at 9:30 a.m.