Resilient Recycler: Name That Garbage - Non-Recyclable Paper Products
These furtive products are made of paper but are not recyclable. See if you can guess what they are from their brief description, then scroll to the bottom to see the answers.
1. I'm just paper, really. Nothing special. But I'm so tiny, I won't make it through the sorting equipment. What am I?
2. You see me every day. I'm a holy grail of energizing elixir. I may not be the only thing to hold it, but I am the fastest, most-convenient vessel. What am I?
3. I'm better than plastic or Styrofoam and come in a variety of shapes, but if I'm soiled with food and grease, I can't be recycled. What am I?
4. Unlike shelf-stable boxes, I have a shiny coating and more durable texture to keep your food from getting soggy in the fridge or freezer. What am I?
How many did you get right?
1. Shredded paper
2. Disposable coffee cup
3. Paper take-out container and food-soiled paper
4. Wet strength packaging such as freezer box and fridge carton