- Scientific Name: Seseli gummiferum
- Garden: Beneficial Insects and Compost Garden
- Plant Type: Herbaceous Perennials
- Evergreen/Deciduous: Evergreen
- Sun/Shade Exposure: Full Sun
- Moisture Requirements: Dry
Plant type: Annual/Biennial, Herbaceous perennial Biomes/Growing conditions: Deer Resistance, Hot Aspects, Low Water/No Water, Oregon Coast Sun exposure: Full Sun USDA Hardiness zone: Zn5a -15º to -20ºF Foliage color: Gray green Foliage season: Evergreen Trendy, cool, avant-garde and of course it’s an UMBEL! Umbels are in. Full sun and well-drained soil of average to rich fertility. The second season a crazy number of tall flowers yield groups of umbels. Umbels upon umbels.To 30″ tall and as wide. Moderate deer resistance Great cut flower. Blooms for up to two months. Easy to grow. Dislikes shade intensely. Biennial or short-lived perennial.