There are many government energy rebates, energy tax credits and financing options, including ENERGY STAR rebates for appliances in Clark County, WA. Taking advantage of this information can help make your home energy efficient without having to pay full price.
Have a project in mind? Find the right contractor on Clark Public Utilities’ contractor network webpage.
- 2019-21 Wood Stove Replacement Program with Southwest Clean Air Agency and Washington Department of Ecology: Financial incentives in amounts ranging from $350 to $6,000 for homeowners. Check website for eligibility.
- Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate Program with Clark Public Utilities: Rebates from $25 to $1,500 for refrigerators/freezers (and recycling), ENERGY STAR clothes washers, light fixtures, solar water heaters, ENERGY STAR heat pumps, windows, insulation and duct/air sealing.
- Residential Weatherization Incentive Program with Clark Public Utilities: Incentives for weatherization, duct sealing, attic/wall/floor insulation, and windows.
- Residential Heat Pump Incentive Program with Clark Public Utilities: Rebates for air source heat pumps from $250-$750 and loans for air source heat pump installations ($20,000) at a 3.5 percent interest rate over seven years.
- Solar Energy Equipment Loan with Clark Public Utilities: Loans for solar pool and water heaters at $10,000 and solar panels at $30,000, at a 5.25 percent rate.
- Solar Water Heater Rebate with Clark Public Utilities: Rebates for solar water heaters at $500. Must have electric water heater. Loans also available.
- RenewableEnergyFactSheet.pdf with Washington State Department of Revenue: Solar/wind power and anaerobic digesters at $0.12-$0.54/kWh up to $5,000/year.
- Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit with the US Government: Federal tax credit of 30 percent of cost for solar panels, wind energy, solar water heaters, geothermal heat pumps and fuel cells.
- Energy-Efficient Mortgages with the US Government: Loans from FHA, VA and other lenders for energy efficiency upgrades and renewable energy upgrades like solar panels and passive solar space heaters.
USDA - High Energy Cost Grant Program with the US Government: Grants for energy generation, transmission and distribution facilities in rural communities.
- See also Washington Cash Incentives with NW Natural for insulation, windows, sealing air leaks, gas furnace, and more.