The Procession of the Species is coming to Clark County on Sunday, June 25,as part of the Recycled Arts Festival.The Procession, which originated in Olympia, WA in 1995, is a celebration of community and the natural world through all forms of art.The event is free and open to all ages.
A series of free community workshops will be offered to help participants create their masks/costumes to represent animal species or elements such as fire, earth, or water. Repurposed/salvaged materials will be supplied and people are welcome to bring their own materials as well.The schedule of workshops is:
- Saturday, May 13th, 1–3pm @ Water Resource Education Center
- Sunday, May 21st, 10:30am–12:30 pm @ DT Vancouver Library (Skamania Room)
- Sunday, June 4th, 2–4pm @ Vintage Books
- Sunday, June 11th, 2–4pm @ (TBD)
- Sunday, June 18th, 2–4pm @ (TBD)
- Saturday, June 24th, 10am–4pm @ RAF Children's Booth
Registration for workshops is required.Go to https://clarkgreenneighbors.org/pots for more detailed information and to sign-up for a workshop.
The Recycled Arts Festival takes place on June 24 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and on June 25 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.It is located in downtown Vancouver at Esther Short Park.The Procession will occur on Sunday at 10:00 a.m. with registration and staging beginning at 9:30 a.m.