- Scientific Name: Campanula garganica 'Dickson's Gold'
- Garden: Lawn Alternatives Garden
- Plant Type: Herbaceous Perennial
- Evergreen/Deciduous: Deciduous
- Sun/Shade Exposure: Part Shade
- Moisture Requirements: Moist, well-drained
Low mounds of scintillating gold foliage become a sea of light purple/blue star shaped flowers in May-June. Part shade to shade with protection from hot sun. Rich, WELL DRAINED soil that is fertile and regular summer water. Apply a handful of organic fertilizer around it in spring- this perks up vigor and ramps up bloom. Striking plant for a shady rock garden or the front of a woodland border. A great combination of colors in one compact plant. To 5″ tall x 1′ wide in a season.
Biome: Mesic, Oregon Coast
USDA Hardiness zone: Zn4b -20º to -25ºF
Foliage color: Chartreuse/Gold
Foliage season: Winter Deciduous